Friday, May 13, 2005

another day, another little bitty paycheck


welp kids, today was payday at my new work, i cant believe it, already over a week, this is amazing, and the shortest day was 9 hours, so the last two days i have brought my truck home, and my buddy david came over and we put a new stereo speaker in and put my xm satellite radio in it yesterday, so i got to listen to the trucker channel while hauling water today, this was a really boring day at work, all busy, no time to myself today, and too much traffic at the site for any of the little critters to be out, so i called it a day around 5 pm, and got back to the shop to pick up my paycheck, i had grand plans for this paycheck, you know the kind of plans you get, a new washer, paying off my pickup totally, going in halfsies with big bro on a new gun, you know, the fun stuff, well as i am pulling away from the shop i look at my "BIG" check, and it only has 3 days from last week on it, 34 hours in 3 days, so it was like 300 bucks,

i was very upset at this, and plan to find out what the hell, well, i get back to odessa and attempt to cash my first paycheck, and all be damed if no check cashing places on my way from the east side of odessa to the west side will cash a hand written payroll check, so in desperation i take it all the way across town, where i usually cash my checks, and low and behold its all good with them guys!!
lesson learned, dont mess with the big cashing places, go to the little guys that actually say hi when you come in, dont worry about convenience.

so, i have a little bit of money in hand now, hopefully it will be enough to drive back and forth every damn day to midland, man, i really HATE the drive to work in the morning, and with my air conditioner broken in my pickup it is a miserable ride home in the hot afternoon, but nothing i cant get used to i guess.
ha, no choice but to get used to it...

happy friday the 13th everyone, another day down, and not looking good for a day off this weekend, hell, its like i am out on the road doing over the road trucking, i never get to see my family putting in 13 to 15 hours a day, and i sure miss visiting with my big bro, and my wife only sees me for a minute around 3 am, after she gets home and in the time i cant sleep, so, i dont know how long this is gonna last, i might be better off going otr again, at least after 14 days out i would have 4 completly off, and at least i could see my baby when i am home, this way things are going it is impossable to have off on a friday so i can go pick him up, and as i said to swift the first time, i am not ready to give up my family yet.... and there is flagrant disregard to the D.O.T. regulated time you can work, i guess as long as i will work the hours the boss dont care, i guess its not him that gets the fines if i wind up getting caught by the DOT.

oh well, i gripe too much i guess, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

good night everyone!