Monday, May 09, 2005

what a day we had today.....


ok, so the boss tells me saturday to come in at 8 am monday, so here i am at work at 7:45am, and what do ya know, he has a list to give to me of things that "should keep you busy for the rest of the day" exact words you know, well, here we go, first on the to-do list was "firefly" lease, an oil lease about 10 miles from a little town of crane, texas, about 23 miles from home, and about 17 miles from the nearest paved road, so i get in my little white mack truck and off i go down one of the bumpiest iolfield roads ever conceived, this road has seen nothing but truck traffic in the last 10 years, THANK GOD FOR AIR RIDE SEATS anyway, i draw down about 140 barrels of waste water, called brine water, or salt water, and i am now setting here thinkking to myself, man, you gotta go BACK down that road with a full load of water.....50,000 pounds of the stuff, well, let me tell ya, its better fully loaded, so, after my guts are done juicing around in my fat belly i get off the firefly lease and back on pavemnt, an uneventful trip to the dump station and away we go to the next lease on the list,

GERENAMO, lease, yes, like the indian, only spelled correctly, i like this lease, i am to draw down, or load up as i say, about 120 barrels, a barrel in the oil field is 42 gallons or so, anyway, i am all hooked up and have gaged out my drawdown on this site, and i notice my friendly little bunny setting just right next to where i have planted myself to do my load paperwork, its a little short eared cottontail, and he is just looking at me, so i get finished with my paperwork and turn the pump on the truck to SUCK me some waste water on board, and this little guy is still there...so, as the animal lover i am i decide to see if i can play with this little bunny out here in the middle of nowhere, gerenamo is off highway 1492 here in west texas, about 20 miles from biglake texas, anyway, i start looking for things to try to feed this little tiny rabbit, and low and behold it comes to me, my wonderful bride made me some sandwitches for lunch, so lets see if little cottontail would like some bread and turkey, so i put out a bite or two and the little guy comes and gets it!!!!!, he was waiting for some munchies, so i put down a few bites for him, and settle back in my setting place on the well site, i am setting on the stairs to the tank, and he came right over and devoured the bread and meat... tell me that animals cant live in perfect harmony with an oil well, hahahah, i love west texas, and am really enjoying my job at this point, i sure wish my bride would have been there, she really likes things like this, so peaceful and quiet out here, and a little bunny to keep me company.. it was REALLY cool, i finish my loading and leave the little bunny friend to his worl watching over the gerenamo well site, and i am back to the dump station, well, the dump site has a sign that reads "if the indicator is over 12 o clock DONT unload" well, i happen to notice its setting at about 11:55, hahaha, so i unload anyway, and all be damed if i dont overfloe the storage tank, so i have to wait on site till the waste pump has a few minutes to work out its little problem, it was cool, i am forcing 400 gallon per minute into this little piece of junk, and it dont like it one bit!

ok, then we are off to a very un-eventful trip to ct-39 lease, it is just north of the intersection of highway 1788 and highway 1492, this is a really old site, it has a white archway that some oilfield welder one time had extra pipe and a little too much time on his hands, so instead of making a decent width gate, this guy puts together this white archway to drive under, and only makes the entrance to this lease road about 8 feet wide, well if i have a truck thats 7'10 inches wide, its an uncomfortable run through an 8 foot gate, but no sweat for this kid, i make it with room to spare, and get my load and back to the dump staion, well its getting onward to 2:30 pm at this point, so i decide to munch another sandwitch and wait out a little ken time, so i shut off the truck and eat some lunch, a brownie and a little pepsi, with a turkey sandwitch my wife has packed for me, out here in the quiet middle of west texas, i think i am going to like this job.. so, as my uncle used to say, i looked at my time piece, and it is about 3:30ish, so i head for fuel and to wash the truck and make an early day of it today, home by 5:30pm, a claen and fueled truck, and a nap, ready for the haul of drilling mud tomorrow!

good night all, i hope you all had as good of day as i did!